Friday, July 1, 2011

Happy Canada Day!

While I bitch and moan about life in Canada, I would be remiss not to appreciate all that rocks in Canada.  The people have been very welcoming to my family despite our strange ways (like not using "u" hither and thither) and our insults to Montreal bagels.  Canada has been a big boon to my research as I have had great access to the Canadian military (and some of the civilians--the agency that has been least helpful knows who it is), and they have taken to remote places like Kabul, Kandahar and Bagotville.  And the ultimate here has been fantastic. 

So, today, I will hoist my Alexander Keith's white beer (the big beer companies are so much better than the American big beer companies) and toast all that is Maple, all that is Maple-Leafed (I still get a kick that a general's rank is denoted in the number of leaves on his/her shoulders), and all that is cold, eh?

Thanks again to the Canadians for having a great sense of humor/humour.

No comments: